Friday, November 19, 2010

First week of Training

So I started  my first week of training and it has been going great! This resort is so big and has so many different areas that I don't think I'll ever get tired of it.So I started off in the Water Park, which yes is a full on water park with slides and pools and water falls and stuff like that.. Basically my job there is to lifeguard and play. The main part of this job is to interact with guests, so we are always trying to start games and activities with our guests whether it be water polo, water basketball, water volleyball, and other fun activities.
After Water Park we were trained on Racket Center, which is your outdoor sports like soccer, basketball, tennis (which we have the only indoor tennis facility on Guam) archery, racket ball, bungee trampoline, mini put etc. The main part of this job is to once again play these activities with guests and also to rent out equipment. Racket center wasn't my favorite spot so far, but still a cool place to be.


After Racket Center we were trained on Swim Through, which is probably the coolest spot I've been trained on so far. Swim Through is one of 3 swim through aquariums in the world! Guests literally get to snorkel through our aquarium and see hundreds of tropical fish and under water creatures. I led my first swim through snorkeling tour today, and am excited to do the real deal out in the coral beds in the ocean next week. 


So yesterday, I had my first day off, which was amazing! Some of the new hires and I rented a car and toured the island. We had a few destinations to get see but by far the coolest spot was a beach called Ratidian, which was the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. The rain-forest literally goes right up to the untouched white sandy beach where there was the clearest, crystal blue water I've ever seen. We ended up spending most of our day there snorkeling, playing in the water and mainly relaxing. I learned how to husk coconuts and how to crack them open. It's quite harder than I thought to get to the good part of a coconut but it was definitely worth it. I've never really been a fan of coconuts probably because I have never had a fresh cracked open one before.


As hard as it was to leave, we finally packed up and made our way to the edge of Tumon bay to a point called "Two Lover's Point" which was on sheer cliffs probably 200 ft down. We were able to see views of all Tumon Bay and were even lucky enough to catch the sunset. 


Life at the resort is non stop fun. The pick up games with my co-workers are awesome because most of my co-workers are pretty athletic, and it's everything from tennis to soccer to wallyball to beach volleyball. There's never a dull moment here.

















No comments:

Post a Comment